Monday, September 26, 2016
9. Only I Can Prevent Forest Fires.
8. Knowing is Half the Battle!
7. Just to Say No!
6. There is Always a Plan by Someone to Try to Take over the World!
5. Most Mysteries Could Be Solved by Meddling Kids!
4. Some Bears are Smarter Than Average!?
3. Heroes Come in All Shapes and Sizes.
2. Always Take the Left In Albuquerque!
1. Sometimes Things Are More Than Meets the Eye!
Posted by JH Uth Guy Dan at Monday, September 26, 2016
Friday, September 23, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
All of this stands in stark contrast, to a conversation I had exited my last church and the final conversations with my leadership at that church. During that conversation, I heard a phrase that still echoes in my ear, that I think unfortunately echoes in too many hallways and offices. Even though often it is not spoken aloud, it is the unspoken understanding-
"We are a teaching church not a reaching church...."
There IS a difference, especially when it comes to how we approach our youth ministries in theses contexts. Here are my 10 quick thoughts about the difference between "Teaching Church" and a "Reaching Church"...
10. Care for "Our" Kids vs Care for "Their" Kids?
9. Comfortable in my Seat vs Uncomfortable on my Feet?
8. Inward Focus vs. Outward Focus?
7. Lecture Hall vs. Hospital Hallway.
6. Who is heading to Seminary vs. Who is heading to the Cemetery?
5. Accept the Facts vs. Accept in Faith? (*see photo above from a sermon a few weeks ago)
4. Earthly Knowledge vs. Heavenly Wisdom?
3. An "Us vs. The World" mindset vs. an "Us for World" mindset?
2. Defending Faith (apologetics) vs. Sharing Faith (evangelism)?
1. Programming vs. Ministering
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Proof once again that middle schoolers/tweens are taking over the world! If you church is not doing something specifically for the "middle years" (5th-9th), you may be missing out! They are truly holding the keys to the kingdom and the future of the church!
Sunday, September 18, 2016
9. You can't play dodgeball with the Elders or Deacons?
8. I wouldn't be able to use my "Dumb and Dumber" teaching clip collection.
7. When I forget or don't know someone's name I can't just call them "Dude" or "Girl"
6. None of my icebreakers would work well in Sunday Morning Adult Worship.
5. I couldn't clean out my office by calling stuff "prizes" and throwing it out into the crowd.
4. I would have no use for my fart machine.
3. People would expect me to dress and act my age.
2. You can't shoot a "finger rocket" or a rubber band at someone if they are not paying attention while
1. I would miss my amazing students!
Posted by JH Uth Guy Dan at Sunday, September 18, 2016
RECENT POPULAR POSTS
I just recently started at a new church, as the 5th-8th grade pastor. Over the last 2 weeks, it has been a refreshing and re-awakening ti...
Five Ticking Time Bombs Are Hidden and Time is Running Out. Which Team Will Find Them Before It Is To Late to Save Your Next Retreat....C...
Pumpkin Pandemonium Quiz from uthguydan OR HERE IS A 6 MINUTE LOOP VERSION FOR A GROUP OPENER...
Proof once again that middle schoolers/tweens are taking over the world! If you church is not doing something specifically for the "...
Sitting "a bored" the bus trying to come up with ways to kill time with your students on your long summer trip to camp, mission...
* Here is a Classic, that I just Had to Re-Post, with all the Craziness and Hype about the New I-Phone! Seriously Ex. 20:4?
This is one of those classics, that has been floating around in file folders and computers for literally 18 plus years. I remember playi...
“Modern”, “Contemporary”, “Seeker”, “Emergent”, “Progressive”, “Organic”, “Missional”…. And the list goes on and on. The church for at ...